1. I must be "needed" in order to have a relationship with others.
2. I value other's approval of my thinking, feelings, and behavior over my own.
3. I agree with others so they will like me.
4. I focus my attention on protecting others.
5. I believe most people are incapable of taking care of themselves.
6. I keep score of "good deeds and favors", becoming very hurt when they are not repaid.
7. I am very skilled at guessing how other people are feeling.
8. I can anticipate other's needs and desires, meeting them before they are asked to be met.
9. I become resentful when others will not let me help them.
10. I am calm and efficient in other people's crisis situations.
11. I feel good about myself only when I am helping others.
12. I freely offer others advice and directions without being asked.
13. I put aside my own interests and concerns in order to do what others want.
14. I ask for help and nurturing only when I am ill, and then reluctantly.
15. I cannot tolerate seeing others in pain.
16. I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about.
17. I use sex to gain approval and acceptance.
18. I attempt to convince others of how they "truly" think and "should" feel.
19. I perceive myself as completely unselfish and dedicated to the well-being of others.